As our students begin another academic year both in Irving and in Rome, we are reminded of the generosity of our UD community. During these days of uncertainty, economic hardship and social distancing, when we feel the need for connection more than ever before, the opportunity to rally, support and bolster your beloved UD is just around the corner.
Here are the top five things you need to know about this year’s annual North Texas Giving Day (NTGD), organized by the Communities Foundation of Texas (CFT):
- While NTGD will take place on Thursday, Sept. 17, 2020, scheduled giving begins on Tuesday, Sept. 1 — so mark your calendars, and help spread the word!
- Nearly all students at UD receive a form of scholarship assistance. With this year’s students and families in need of often sudden financial relief, scholarship dollars are all the more crucial. The General Scholarship Fund helps provide immediate and flexible funds to meet the tuition needs of our students.
- Help us reach this year’s goal of $150,000! Last year, UD received more individual gifts (431) than any other North Texas university — reclaiming our unofficial title as “the most generous university community” — for the seventh year. Thanks to our kindhearted community, UD raised $101,512 in 2019, including over $3,000 in bonus matching funds. UD also placed fourth in the school category for most funds raised, for which the university received an additional $1,000 prize.
- To further encourage UD’s tradition of giving, UD Board of Trustees member Nick Serafy Jr. is offering a $50,000 match once UD has raised $150,0000. Receiving such a matching donation would raise this year’s total to $200,000, doubling last year’s impact.
- Visit northtexasgivingday.org/university-of-dallas to support UD between Sept. 1 and Sept. 17!
Help ensure our students continue experiencing the transformative liberal arts education that UD offers, preparing them for a life well lived. From professor and CEO to mother, father or priest, a UD education ennobles and enables those who encounter it. Support. Award. Achieve!